Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Great... No... AWESOME Day!!

Hello everyone!

So much AWESOME news to be shared!  I'll try to keep it short but nothing I ever write is short.

It is the International Day of AWESOMEness!!  I seriously did not make this up... look for yourself.
http://dayofawesomeness.com    I have to say today has been a pretty AWESOME day!


Starting with the show, I have been training very hard over the past couple weeks and trying to get my skills up to par and more consistent and today I made a huge step!  I actually performed on stage in the act that I'm here to do, Planche.  Basically we have two versions of the act.  The "short" involves two guys, and is a head to head battle between the two.  I have been on stage during these but not performing skills, just spotting.  The "long" version uses three guys and has an extra part.  Before the two guys battle there is a third guy that jumps across the board and under one of the guys jumping, then switches places with each guy a few times...  Then after the switches, we do a follow the leader type transfer section, basically each of us jumps from one side to the other right after each other.  Finishing off the section the third guy gets on the board and flies across the whole stage to the other side of the board.

I got to be the third guy.  AWESOME!!! This is the first time I got to jump during the show and actually be part of the act!  Such a rush!!  The video I posted above is the original, not me...  But if you follow it, the act hasn't changed much.

Along with today being the first day I got to actually perform, it was also my Grandpa Dennis' 75th Birthday!!  AWESOME!  Congrats to him and Happy Birthday!!

More AWESOME news, as I'm writing this, Alex is in the air flying back to Europe!  I'm very excited to have her back and hear about all the things she got to do while she was home.  The wisdom teeth and exam excluded she had a very productive trip home and got to meet with a whole lot of people we've been emailing.  We are almost at the point where we have a date for the Wedding!!  She met with both the priest and the reception people as well as visited a church all today!!  As soon as we have the date for sure, we'll be sure to let everyone know!  I am already looking forward to planning it and so far it sounds like it will be another AWESOME day!

What else can I tell you about...  Well I finally got a haircut!  It had been since Christmas and if you remember how fast my hair grows, it needed a cut.  It is still long, which is what the show needs, but not quite in my eyes... in fact it grows more upward.  My hair is far from AWESOME, but it'll do...

Oh, I hear the weather at home has been a bit of a rough ride recently.  Lots of snow, rain, freezing rain.  Well here the weather has been quite...  AWESOME!  We had about 1 week of cold weather (-10˚C at lowest) but really no snow and then it has gotten much warmer everyday since.  Tomorrow's forecast calls for Sun and a high of 12˚C (54˚F)!!

I think that is enough AWESOME things for right now...

'Til Next time!  Miss you all!
 Aa

Oh ok.. just 'cause I want to write the word AWESOME one more time... Here is something truly AWESOME!!  This photo is from the first time that Alex and I met!!! We just recently found it, thanks to Facebook.  Wakeboarding on Ramon's boat!! Pretty AWESOME!   

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on an AWESOME adventure so far! We can't wait to see you in April. Keep up the great work. We love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH FOR AWESOME!!! (Like my profile pic)
    Glad things are going well! Love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete