Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Big News!!

Hey everyone!

We're home!  And I have big news!!

First off, in the last week I in Madrid I found out that there was an opening for a short time on Corteo when we go to the city of Seville but not in my act.  The difference is that while I am a planche artist I used to be a gymnast, and can still do High bar.  When they saw that I could do high bar it was my ticket back.  I will rejoin the tour in August for 2 months performing in the High-bar act "Tournik" and will continue training Planche.  After this time I'll be heading back home for a few weeks before joining the tour permanently in Paris for the year of 2012!!  I was offered a full contract in the last week that I was on tour.  I haven't said too much publically yet because I was waiting for the actual contract.  It came in today. We have a lot of work to do now with the Visa situation and we really want to both come back to tour. If anyone has any ideas on obtaining a Schengen Visa let us know!!

Before I go back to the tour I have some training to do in Montreal so we'll be heading there for the month of July.  Alex is busy finishing up her final course at Western and will be graduating in August!!!    We flew back last week and have since been touring around Michigan and Ontario visiting family and friends. It's been an amazing week especially with the big news that I will be joining the tour again.  It makes this much more of a vacation than an uncertain trip home.  We will be working at a cheerleading camp, visiting more family and taking some time to relax on the boat!  We also had a chance to go visit Poag's Jewellers (where we bought Alex's ring) and Coach Trace (Western Cheer).  

So far our time home has been busy but it has been productive, trying to get as much done as possible, including planning wedding stuff.  Alex has her dress and the bridesmaid dresses picked out and she helped me pick out the tux's too... Otherwise we'd have had a multi-coloured wedding!!

Hopefully we get a chance to stop in and visit you all! We've been all over and are really enjoying all the family time!  Our only problem we've run into is gas prices!!  When did those get so high!!??

More to come for sure! 
'Til next time!

Aa and Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment