Thursday, January 27, 2011

Alex's First Time WATCHING the Show!!

Alex and Aaron here, both of us are going to write this one!

Today was the first day, after asking for the past few days that Alex got to go to the show as a spectator and simply watch and enjoy the show.  For me, it was a very cool experience as she is the first person that I know that came to see me living my dream and I could see her at a few different points during the show!  What a great sight for me to see, when I'm bowing, and there's Alex smiling back and waving.

Alex here now,
Hello everyone!

I can finally write to all of you now that I am caught up with the new time change and back to feeling somewhat normal. Today I decided to go into work with Aaron just to get out of the apartment and do something fun. I went and observed his training session first. It was pretty cool to watch until he had a crazy landing on one of his skills which almost had me jump out of my seat. Other than that, I would say he is doing pretty well and fits in with the other planche guys. As we were about to leave for lunch the artistic director, James, asked if I was going to stay for the first show. He then pulled out a ticket for what I would say was the best seat in the house! I was pretty excited.

I attended the 4 o'clock show which was almost full and full of excited people. As the show began, rather than sitting back and relaxing....I got nervous and sat on the edge of my seat. Aaron walked out and performed his first scene in the opening act. I got the instant feeling of "hey I know him!" I wanted to tell everyone around me but besides the fact that they probably wouldn't care, they didn't speak English! The show was very different to see live with everyone right in front of my face compared to the small television that I watched the show from on my first day backstage. I also felt myself more nervous watching the show because I had met the people behind each act. I compared it to when we saw a show in Vegas and I could care less if they fell or messed up, I didn't know them!  At the intermission, I felt important when I got to go outside and get through the gate that fellow spectators weren't allowed to go past in order to get to the backstage tent to hang out with Aaron for the 20min break.  When I returned to my seat for the second half I once again wanted to tell the guy next to me where I got to go during intermission. Instead, I held it in and began to watch the second act. It also looked much better and different in person than when I was half asleep watching it backstage a few days ago. The BEST part (other than watching Aaron in all of his acts) was at the very end when the cast members and audience were all clapping. Aaron got to see me in the crowd waving and I guess my ring hit the light and gave him quite the wave as well. The show was overall quite the experience! I would go every day if they would let me. I'm very proud of him!

There you have it!!   I was so glad Alex got to come see the show and the next time she see's it I hope I'm jumping Planche in the show!  Hopefully, since you all can't be here, you at least share a little excitement that we both had today!  Maybe someday I'll get to see you in the audience too!  All in all a great day!!

We'll write more soon! Only one week left in Brussels, then it's off to Vienna, Austria!

I figured I'd add a few more photos from backstage today. 




 - This is me in my robe, which we wear when we leave the artistic tent to go outside or to the kitchen.  They keep the costumes clean mainly, or to Alex, they make us all look like boxers...  or monks.


Til next time!!

Aaron and Alex!!

1 comment: