Monday, January 3, 2011

What I've learned...

Well today is the first full day I've had here in Brussels...
I figured I'd give a quick summary of things I've learned.

1. English works, French is better, don't even think about learning Flemish...
2. Weekends are quiet, weekdays are not...
3. Police are everywhere, if you can't hear a siren turn down your iPod...
4. Waffles are spectacular.
5. I am live beside a very, very busy street...  It's called Rue Neuve.  Basically a huge outdoor shopping mall. 
6. In the midst of this rue Nueve there is a huge Cathedral, Church of Notre Dame de Finistere, with some amazing statues inside... http://www.brusselspictures.com/churches/notre-dame-du-finistere/

That should be enough for today... Oh, I slept last night for about 12 hours, which was horrible as I woke up in the middle of the day here...  I hope I'm done with this jet lag stuff soon...

Missing everyone..
Aa 

ps. Photos soon.

2 comments:

  1. Fun fact about Brussels: the metro is essentially free. No one ever asks to see your ticket...

    Let me know when you find the wet vagina downtown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) A3: Ew. Private message for that next time.
    2) COOL!!!!! Super excited for you!!! Not the jet lag. Mostly the awesomeness of where you LIVE right now.

    ReplyDelete