Sunday, January 9, 2011

First Day ON STAGE!!!

 Well Today was the first day I got to go on stage!  I had a ton of things to do, different set ups, take downs, and I was on stage for the final act and the bows!  It was amazing.  This is the exact moment I had been waiting for since I was about 13 or so!  It really was indescribable!  The house was packed and I could see lots of people in the same place I was only a short while ago!  So very very exciting.  And the crowd was awesome, as are the technicians who have been helping me, making sure I'm in the right place.

I took a few photo, but only with my iPod.  I'll bring the better camera in eventually. 

I've been told that on Tuesday I will be on stage a lot more and by Thursday I should be on stage during the act that I'm eventually performing in, Planche.  For now, I'll be the backup guy, the spotter, at the side.  Eventually I hope I can learn the act and perform it!  For now, I'm just so excited that I actually got to be on stage today and for a lot of the show I was in and out.



 This is one of my costumes.  I am part of the Bourgeois, rich people, and in our act we fight the Proletariat, or the poor...  Hence the board and the battle of strength (and bounce).  There's a lot more for me to learn but starting Tuesday I should be good to go with all of my cues.  Oh yes, and the Western Cheer ring is not allowed on stage, but it is in photos!!

 



One more little thing I forgot to mention, a gymnast that I grew up watching, who was on the Canada Olympic team and that did some demos at Jessica's gymnastics meets, Yvonne Tousek,  is here and she is a performer as well as our movement coach.  She is in charge of the choreography when we are all on stage.  Small world eh?!





Hope everyone is enjoying the blog, I'm trying to update as often as possible!  I need to tell people too!!  It's way too exciting for me to keep all this to myself!  Thanks for reading!
Til Next time!
Aa

2 comments:

  1. Hey Aaron! Its Jenny (Alex's cousin.) I love reading your blog, these pictures are so cool with your make-up on! Can't wait till Alex joins you so I can read about your adventures together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! This is so unbelievably incredible!!!! Love love love the blog!!!! And the pic def rocked. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete